Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Woofstock

What did that title say?  She must mean Woodstock and just spelled it different.  hahaha

NOPE!

Woofstock is correct!  It is this amazing fundraiser for FAPS, Fayetteville Animal Protection Society.  All proceeds from the ticket sales, donations, 50/50 raffle, all go towards FAPS to help all the wonderful animals they have that are looking for Fur-ever homes.

I had never heard about Woofstock so when Array Magazine asked me if I wanted to join them and take some pictures I totally jumped at the chance.

I had NO idea what this event was going to be like.  I had no idea what to even expect!  The tickets were a bit pricey for one night of fun at $50 advance buy or $60 at the gate but let me tell you it was totally worth it!

This year it was held on Friday, October 10th from 6-10:30pm.  There were some amazing bands playing, which included Ethan Hanson.  This guy is so great!  He is an amazing singer and so friendly!  Check out his website - click HERE.  


There was some really great BBQ from Fred Chason's Grandsons Catering.  They served chicken, pulled bbq, mac and cheese, green beans, corn bread and more.  



There was also wine and other beverages provided.  At the end of the evening there was a 50/50 cash raffle with a lot of great prizes.  There was a great shuttle bus that picked up and dropped people off so they didn't have to drive.  Some people even arrived in their own VW's.  This is a 1979 Beetle.  I remember when we used to own a bug.  I kinda miss that old thing......Other people just added the little extras on their cars to let everyone know they are pro-pets and there for Woofstock.



My favorite part of the entire thing was being able to have my husband there with me.  He is gone a lot and it was really amazing having him there to talk to, hang out with, dance with and laugh with. 



We met some amazing people and I can not wait to go back next year.  I absolutely loved my time at Woofstock (we stayed the WHOLE time!).  Thank you Array Magazine for allowing us to join you!  Next year I'll be sure to promote it a lot more!!!

~Till Next Time~






No comments: