Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My very first BEACH session!

EEK!  Can you believe it!  I had an amazing family ask me if I would take their family photos at Myrtle Beach and of course, without hesitation, I said YES!  I mean, who could say no to these two adorable boys and their fabulous parents???







I do have to admit that I was a "tad" bit nervous for this session.  I knew in my heart everything was going to work out the exact way it was supposed to but there's always that "what if" in the back of my mind.  

The morning of the session I got a text saying the weather was not looking good.  It was overcast and rainy-ish and just didn't seem to be working into a very good day at all.  I did not let that stop me and I knew it would work out one way or another.  

We took the whole family down for the night and got a hotel room so we could enjoy the beach too.  I didn't have much time after we got there to sit and breath and go through all my thoughts before the session.  It's a good thing I wrote down all the main poses I wanted before I even left the house!  

I took all the single shots of the boys, couple shots of mom and dad, triple shots of the boys and a parent and then we moved on to the family shots.  Being able to capture the "silly" side of families is one of my favorite parts of my job.  These boys below act like this 75% (if not more) of their time spent at home.  What better way to have this memory of them, at the moment you love them the most, then captured in an instant for a forever memory!


I absolutely love how all these images turned out and I can not believe I finally was able to capture some of those amazing Pierre shots that I always see online.  (Next time I have made note to do a few more shots a little closer to the ground to get a bigger affect with the pierre).






And wouldn't you know it, by the end of our session, we were just rounding it in and making sure I had everything checked on the list, that the sun came bursting through the clouds for the most perfect sunset I have ever seen at Myrtle Beach!  There was a double rainbow over the pierre and the sky lit up in the brightest colors I had ever seen.  It turned into the perfect photo session kind of day!  I knew everything would work out, my heart told me so <3


~ Till Next Time ~

No comments: