Thursday, May 22, 2014

Newborns are awesome

With my work I get to see and meet a lot of great people.  Today I get to spend the day (4 hours) with a handsome little boy who is just 3 weeks old.  I'm glad I get to see the babies because I can get my baby fix in and not have to every want more kids.  Not that I could have anymore because I can't but still.  So how do I take pictures of newborns you might ask?  Here's a pictures of the handsome Sebastian I got to take pictures of.

Photo copyright - Looky Lu Photography
I'm not a professional newborn picture taker.  This handsome little man belongs to one of my best friends here and so she let me borrow him.  The pictures today are the same way more or less.  I met this lady in the parking lot at Food Lion (our grocery store) and she asked me what I did for a living.  I told her I was a photographer and she said that's great!  I asked her if she'd like me to take some pictures of her baby boy when he was born, no cost for the session, and she said sure.  So, see, I'm working on getting my talents figured out.  It's hard sometimes but I'm enjoying it.

With that being said, right now I photograph everything/everyone who asks.  I don't really like taking pictures of couples.  Although I'm in love and know what love looks like, I feel awkward asking people to pose, kiss, etc in front of me.  It's just weird LOL  With kids it's an easy make them laugh and take a picture type of thing.  I think I'm going to change my portfolio to just kids and families.  I'm not even sure I'm cut out for the whole newborn thing.  Guess we will see today.

The reason I take pictures of everyone who asks is because I do not charge a lot for my pictures.  I know I should charge more but I just can't seem to do that.  I can't afford a $250 - 30 minute session so I don't expect others to pay me that much.  I charge what I would pay.  And if there is a family who is having difficulties I work with them on their price.  I have this one amazing family who has cancer (multiple people in the family have/had cancer) and I do a lot of their sessions just because I want them to have some great memories in their hard times.  I have seen them 4 times so far and one more coming up in a few weeks.  And seeing the mom's face and hearing her reactions to having those pictures is just amazing.  It makes me happy to give back to those in need.  I just LOVE what I do.

Now, if only I could find someone to do another holi powder session -








~ Till Next Time ~

No comments: