Friday, May 30, 2014

My baby boy is growing up

Today is the day.........

That I will never have another 6 year old child
I clean house all day to get ready for a birthday party
That my baby boy is another year older

I can't hardly believe that my little boy, my handsome little man with duck butt curls, is 7 years old today.  I still remember being in the hospital with him and visiting him every day - twice a day.  I remember his two tooth smile and dumping the entire thing of sugar on the floor when I wasn't looking.  I remember the first little girl he really liked and how much he used to love holding his sisters hand.  I remember his first days at school and me not wanting to leave him alone there.  I remember the first time he played a "shooting game" on the xbox with Daddy.  I remember his nightmares and his scared thoughts while his daddy has been deployed.  And I will always remember the look on his face when he said "Mommy, I don't want to be 7 because then maybe you won't be able to pick me up and hug me no more."










All those memories I am going to cherish forever!  And when he is grown up and moved out of the house, I'll look back on this post and remember all these great things about him.  He is and always will be my baby boy!

And just some news for you dear boy, when you are 18 years old I will still pick you up and hug you tighter then ever!

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, My baby you'll be!!!  - Robert Munsch

~ Till Next Time ~

No comments: